Monday, Jan. 21 - City Hall and Municipal Court CLOSED
in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
"The time is always right to do what's right."
Garbage pick up will run as scheduled.
EFFECTIVE JAN. 1, 2019
DCI will NO longer pick up recycle for each resident. There will now be a recycle dumpster placed in the fence under the water tower.
All residence are encouraged to bring your recyclables and
place them in the dumpster.
MILFORD, TEXAS. Milford is an incorporated rural community on U.S. Highway 77 and Interstate 35e twenty miles south of Waxahachie in southern Ellis County. In the early 1850s several men from Cherokee County came to the Mill Creek valley and bought land from Ellis County landowner Arvin Wright at fifty cents an acre. The new landowners arrived with their families in 1853. In 1854 Wright, William R. Hudson, and J. M. Higgins laid out town lots atop a ridge just south of the creek, and Hudson named the new community Milford, after a factory town near Boston he had read about. In 1853 the first house, Hudson's combined residence and general store, was built; Hudson was also the first postmaster when a post office was granted the next year. A two-story stone schoolhouse built in 1853 also served as a church and community hall until it was burned during the Civil War. A gristmill began operation at the community in 1857. Milford incorporated in 1888, and W. R. McDaniel was the first mayor.